Important: Please Read
- Colorado Statute C.R.S. 22-32-146(5) mandates that local law enforcement agencies annually report specific information to the Division of Criminal Justice (DCJ) concerning every incident that resulted in a student's arrest, summons or ticket during the previous academic year for an offense that occurred at a public elementary school, middle or junior high school, or high school, in a school vehicle, or at a school activity or sanctioned event. Please Click Here for the research report that describes the study and the data for the 2015-16 academic year. Information pertaining to the 2014-15 academic year may be found here.
- The purpose of this website is to report the data by law enforcement agency, school, school district, and when information was available, court outcome. The accompanying report is available below.
- Every effort was made to protect the identity of individual students. To this end, schools with five or fewer incidents were placed into a category titled "Schools with few incidents".
- Note that approximately 40%of law enforcement agencies did not report data to DCJ. It is unknown if this occurred because there were no incidents at schools in these jurisdictions, or if these agencies were unaware of the reporting mandated by House Bill 2015-1273.
A note of caution. Given the limitations of law enforcement records management systems, it is likely that agencies reported incidents based on the address of the school. This means information may be missing regarding incidents that occurred elsewhere, such as in a school vehicle or at a school-sanctioned event. It also means that incidents that involved individuals other than students may be included in the data provided to DCJ.
- No law enforcement agency reported from the 15th and 16th Judicial Districts for the 2015-16 Academic Year.
Report: Law Enforcement and District Attorney Reports of Student Contacts, 2015-16 Academic Year
Interactive Data Dashboards, 2015-16 Academic Year - By School
Interactive Data Dashboards, 2015-16 Academic Year - By Law Enforcement Agency
Interactive Data Dashboards, 2015-16 Academic Year - By Court Outcome